MEXICO VACATION FUN FACTS
Here are some Mexico Fun Facts.
We hope that you find these facts amusing, surprising, and entertaining.
And, if you also find them educational, we’ll be very happy!
– The Mexican flag has 3 stripes: green, red, and white. What do they stand for? Well, the green is for hope, the white is for purity and the red is for the blood of the Mexican people
– Mexico City is officially the oldest city in all of North America.
– Mexico uses a currency called the ‘peso.’ It gets its name from Spain and their money. But, they are different recognized currencies. In fact, many countries use money called the peso.
– The largest bullfighting ring in the world is not in Spain; it’s in Mexico!
– Mexico is home to the oldest living tree in the world.
– Almost 100% of Mexican know how to read. That is WAY better than America’s literacy rate.
– Swine Flu is from Mexico. It has really hurt tourism
– Anthony Quinn was the first Mexican actor to win an Oscar
– Mexico City is not only the oldest city in North America, it’s also the most populated! The population of Mexico City is only a few million less than the entire population of Canada!
– The famous painter Frida was from Mexico
We hope you enjoyed these Mexican Fun Facts. The fun doesn’t end there: have a look around the site. There is lots more to learn! Also, we have made a fun quiz to see if you were paying attention. We are humbly calling it “THE GREATEST MEXICAN QUIZ IN THE WORLD. Take the MEXICAN QUIZ by clicking here.